20 Best Baseball Quotes to Crack you Up

So, everyone loves a good Baseball quote. In fact, the name of this very blog is from a famous quote. From the unforgettable Yogi Berra, to more sanguine guys like George Bernard Shaw, we will now take a light-hearted stroll down memory lane, at some of the most comical and ingenious (whether intended to be so or not) Baseball quotes of all time. If you have any suggestions to add to this list, feel free to comment and I will add them in. Enjoy!

1. If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base . Dave Barry, Author

2. Who is this Baby Ruth? And what does she do?. George Bernard Shaw, Author

3. I watch a lot of baseball on radio. Gerald Ford, 38th US President

4. Bob Gibson is the luckiest pitcher I ever saw. He always pitches when the other team doesn't score any runs. Tim McCarver, Sportscaster

5. Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. Joe Adcock, All Star

6. The way to make coaches think you're in shape in the spring is to get a tan. Whitey Ford, Hall of Fame

7. We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it. Tony Gwynn, Hall of Fame

8. Ninety percent of this game is half mental. Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame and amateur Comedian

9. If you know how to cheat, start now. Earl Weaver to Orioles Pitcher Ross Grimley.

10. The Yankees are only interested in one thing, and I have no idea what that is. Luis Polonia, Yankee

11. I walk into the clubhouse today and it's like walking into the Mayo Clinic. We have four doctors, three therapists and five trainers. Back when I broke in, we had one trainer who carried a bottle of rubbing alcohol and by the 7th inning he'd already drunk it. The legendary Tommy Lasorda.

12. Out of what? A thousand?. Mickey Rivers on hearing Yankee teammate Reggie Jackson had an IQ of 165. 

13. I gave Mike Cuellar more chances than I gave my first wife - Earl Weaver, again

14. Slump? I aint in no slump. I just aint hitting. Yogi Berra, again

15. So i'm ugly. I never saw anyone hit with his face. Yogi Berra. Once again

16. They broke it to me gently. The manager came up to me before a game and told me they didn't allow visitors in the clubhouse. Bob Uecker on being released in his playing days.

17. Why does everyone stand up and sing Take Me Out to the Ball Game when they're already there? Larry Anderson relief pitcher

18. I never questioned the integrity of an umpire. Their eyesight, yes. Leo Durocher, Hall of Fame Manager and all round controversy magnet.

19. I was so indifferent, I was indifferent about being indifferent. Gene Mauch upon retiring

20. The Angels could take batting practice in a hotel lobby and not break the chandelier. Red Sox Pitcher Bill Lee on the 1975 California Angels.

Do you have any more? Please comment if so. Hope you enjoyed the article and don't forget to follow!


Comments