Guess Who's Back



So.

I have had a near 3 year hiatus from blogging. Not many, if any, will have noticed,  if my view count and twitter followers are anything to go by. However, with the new Baseball season on the horizon, with new weird and wonderful stories flowing out of mother Baseball's teet on a daily basis, I felt the time was right to come back and give this a real good go.

So, for the 2 or 3 reading this. Why was I gone? Well, I had a military deployment first and foremost, to the Falkland Islands. I was able to keep up to date with games, due to the MOD generously getting BT Sport for deployed personnel within every room, and the kind time difference in relation to the US keeping me watching at a decent hour compared to the UK. However, the lack of reliable internet access, meant that the blog was put on the back burner.

Secondly, I have been struggling with my mental health. Culminating in a breakdown. Not that I need sympathy, that's not why I write this. Just baseball and blogging was the furthest thing from my mind. I was off work for 2 months, and now feel a bit more myself, which after 10 years of certified depression, I'm nor sure who that is anymore. However, what I do know is I love baseball, and American sports, and chatting shit about them. So, no sympathy, not that anyone even reads this fucking thing. Just lets try and build this blog. Maybe, who knows, I may get 10 readers for my next post?

SO. Moving forward. What to expect? What is the goal? Other than a British borderline dwarf ranting to pretty much himself about sports in a country he doesn't even live? Well, more blogs for a start. Starting from now, pretty much, there will be much more blogging going on, daily if I can. Hopefully this will build up a base. Then, move away from this site to an actual website, should the views come.

So. Let's try again. Welcome, and let's play ball.

Comments